Every Saturday you can experience CrossFit Striking at 9:30am. It takes CF in a whole different direction and teaches you foundational skills everyone should know.
15 min AMRAP
12 (1-2-rear knee-lead knee)
10 weighted step ups 20″
8 renegade row pushupsFighters are some of the most well-conditioned and powerful athletes in the world. This is due, in part, to their striking training since punching and kicking with true power, speed and accuracy requires people to utilize their entire body from the ground up. As a consequence, striking is one of the most rudimentary and functional movements that involve the core. CrossFit Striking is designed to take both the skills and the benefits from a fighter’s striking training program and integrate them into CrossFit workouts. Striking workouts can provide all athletes with the four major benefits:
- 1. You can achieve a fighter’s fitness level
- 2. You can increase your core strength, rotational speed and power
- 3. You can develop a sport specific movement
- 4. You can learn a real self-protection skill-set.
These benefits can make striking a valuable addition to every person’s CrossFit program. Athletes will learn and perform basic striking concepts of mixed martial arts, boxing and self-protection striking drills incorporated into CrossFit workouts so that overall fitness, core strength, rotational speed and power can be increased.
- * Add variety to CrossFit workouts
- * Be able to throw proper strikes and combinations, i.e. punch & kick
- * Understand the role of the kinetic chain and the posterior chain that support athletic performance and fighting
- * Increase the speed and power of strikes, regardless of experience
- * Effectively use shadow boxing, focus mitts and a heavy bag