CrossFit For Crohns Fundraiser
Bustin’ Our Butt To Save Jake’s Gut!
Join in on our annual Arenal Fitness St. Patrick’s Day festivities on
Monday, March 17, 2014, only this year it will be for a great cause!!All classes will be as regularly scheduled. Your WOD efforts and monies will go towards finding a cure for Crohns. Everyone is welcome to participate in the WODs throughout the day; even if you don’t have the means to help out financially, your emotional support goes a long way!!!
Jake Gelvar, son of AF member Sheri Gelvar, has Crohns Disease. Through the years his parents, Sheri and Eric, have raised ten’s of thousands of dollars to help find a cure through Team Challenge. Check out Sheri’s featured article in B Woman Magazine.They challenge themselves to complete and volunteer at various Team Challenge races and events around the United States. This year they are taking it out of the continental US by going to Kona, Hawaii for the Kona Half Marathon and need our help.
To contribute, click here:
A little bit about Jake’s Life:
- Jake complained of chronic joint pain and couldn’t walk.
- In 2006, Jake was 11 years old and diagnosed with Crohns disease, Colitis, and Enteropathic Arthritis (arthritis caused from an inflammatory bowel disease).
- Crohns affected his SI joint and he was in a wheelchair for 3 months and out of school for 4 months
- He couldn’t eat, lost tons of weight and was on home hospital care.
- Jake went through major PT for a year. Prior to this, he was an avid soccer player and wrestler.
- A few years later he had major flare up, put on remicade (a drug given through infusion) and other medications (one similar to chemo that he takes weekly)
- Every 6 weeks Jake spends all day in the Hematology and Oncology center at Sinai.
- His medical needs still continue to be a part of his everyday life.