- Keep moving!! Don’t let your workouts suffer through the holidays! Commit to staying fit. Rather than making a New Year’s Resolution, and starting over, keep your momentum and continue working out through the holiday season. Arenal Fitness has lots of class options and if you can’t make it in for a specific class, this is where your key fob will come in extra handy! Make a date with some gym buddies on social media to come in and get a great workout!
- Let us help you fill your plate!! While the holidays are a time that we all like to splurge, you can do this while still being mindful of your choices.
- Don’t skip meals! Skipping meals in order to save up for the big dinner can encourage overeating. Eat more protein heavy foods leading up to the big meal which will allow you to feel satiated while leading up to the heavier carbohydrate meal that you are about to tackle.
- Get out of the kitchen! Holiday parties and meals tend to congregate in the kitchen where there are lots of hor d’oeuvres and samplings. These little bites add up very quickly. Put some food on a plate and walk away or sit down with your family/friends to catch up.
- Resize your plate! – Use a smaller plate like a salad plate for your main course. Your plate is full but with smaller portions.
- The Big Meal! Fill your plate halfway with salad/veggies. Fill a quarter of your plate with your protein – turkey, ham, whatever is available. If there are sauces, try to avoid these or use them sparingly. With the last quarter of your plate, go for those sides or desserts but just take small portions or tastes so that you can have a little bit of everything but don’t go overboard on your serving sizes.
- Relax, breathe, and avoid the bloat! Take a pause – don’t go running back for seconds. Sit, talk, and enjoy your time with your family and friends. If you wait a bit, you will probably realize that you no longer want or need that second helping. You have probably already eaten more than you would in a normal meal and if you go back for seconds, you will most likely feel stuffed and uncomfortable later.
Need some extra help to get through the season? Arenal Fitness offers macro (macronutrient) coaching for $100 per month and we would be happy to work with you to keep you on track during the holidays and beyond!