Here are the preliminary social distancing workout guidelines for indoor use. Everything is subject to change based on mandates and the reality of usage once we open. Please be patient, understanding, and flexible.
Designated Workout Areas:
- Classes will be primarily held outdoors or on Zoom, weather dependent
- Should you want to take the outdoor group class but are in need of a specific indoor space, we will make our best effort to accommodate your request
- Personal training sessions will be outdoors, indoors, or virtual
- It is mandatory that trainers wear masks while working inside the gym.
- Outdoor workout areas =
P = Parking Lot (7 spaces available – use the even numbered spaces)
C = Corridor (9 spaces available)
Q = Quarry side (5 spaces available)
I – Indoor (12 spaces available)
Here are our STRICT guidelines for participating in indoor workouts/training sessions
- Park in the parking lot side of the building. Remain in your car until your coach or trainer comes to get you or texts you to let you into the building.
- The Coach/Trainer will meet you outside the front door and take your temperature with our contactless thermometer. Should you have a temperature reading of 100.4 or higher, we cannot allow entry and ask that you participate in one of our virtual classes. Please keep in mind during the summer months, being out in direct sunlight just before walking into the gym can skew the thermometer.
- Complete the online COVID health questionnaire prior to entering any of our workout areas. You can use your phone or our iPad. iPad MUST be disinfected after use.
- Beginning Thursday, 12/17 at 5pm, Baltimore County has mandated that masks are required to be worn inside fitness centers at all times, whether a person is engaging in vigorous exercise or not. Masks are only permitted to be removed while drinking a beverage to stay hydrated during exercise.
- Each participant is responsible for cleaning their own equipment before and after usage. Gym wipes and hand sanitizer will be provided throughout the gym. NO SHARING OF EQUIPMENT!!
- If you have any COVID specific symptoms, or have tested positive but are asymptomatic, or are just down right sick, please participate in our Zoom class option or schedule a virtual training session with your personal trainer if you are feeling up to it. Unlimited Zoom class capacity – reserve your spot in MINDBODY ONLINE.
- YOU MUST RESERVE YOUR SPOT TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY WORKOUT AT ARENAL FITNESS AHEAD OF TIME. PLEASE DO NOT SHOW UP WITHOUT A CLASS/TRAINING SESSION RESERVATION. Personal training clients will reserve their spot through their trainer. Class participants must login to Mindbody to reserve a class spot. Click here to reserve your spot.
- Exit the gym through the double doors facing the quarry. Please be aware of your walking path back to your car to not infringe on the 6′ social distancing space of outdoor workout participants.
General Guidelines for all:
- Running is permitted along the sidewalks where we usually run but at your own risk as you are leaving the controlled environment of Arenal Fitness.
- Go potty before you arrive. However, should you need to use the restroom YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR USING THE PROVIDED DISINFECTANT TO SPRAY DOWN ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING YOU TOUCH/USE IN THE RESTROOM.
- 6’ social distancing is strictly enforced. While we want to hug each other, it will have to be virtual. No elbow bumps, fist bumps, and tush bumps. NO TOUCHING!!!
- As usual, cover your cough or sneeze using your elbow and/or use a tissue.
- Please stay within your designated workout box area to allow for others to do the same without infringing upon their personal social distancing space. Chit chat and play catch up from your box area.
- Wearing a mask for outdoor workouts is optional based on your comfort level. (Subject to change based on mandates)
- This sign is posted throughout the gym. Please review it before heading over for a workout Do not enter COVID document
Let us know if you have any questions. We appreciate your understanding, patience, and flexibility as we work through this next phase of reopening.